Instructor-Led (Classroom) Training
Full instructor-led courses in a Mentor training facility, with complete course materials and access to classroom computers.
You will learn how to
- Use Calibre TVF to simplify rule writing.
- Create rule files that are smaller, more flexible, and easier to maintain.
- Write Compile-Time TVF to generate SVRF rule files.
- Add Runtime TVF to SVRF rule files for increased functionality
- Review of Tcl concepts
- Performing verification using Runtime and Compile-Time TVF
- Using Compile-Time TVF to create DRC rulechecks
- Debugging Compile-Time and Runtime TVF
- Writing TVF Functions using Runtime TVF
- Review of Tcl syntax and concepts
- Using Compile-Time Calibre TVF
- Enhancing existing SVRF rule files with TVF
- Writing and debugging Compile-Time TVF code
- Using looping structures to automate generation of large amounts of SVRF code
- Writing and calling procedures to produce derived layers or rule checks
- Controlling rule file contents from an external file
- Writing Runtime TVF functions
- Adding TVF comments for readability and ease of maintenance
- Using Runtime Calibre TVF
Completion of the Calibre Rule Writing class very highly recommended
Thorough knowledge of IC Layout techniques and procedures
Experience with an IC layout editing tool
Familiarity with UNIX
Good understanding of layout verification concepts and experience with layout verification tools
Experience programming in any language. (Familiarity with Tcl is very helpful, but not absolutely required.)
Course Part Number
Live online: 241764