coolSRAM-6Tembedded memory IP is an ideal solution for ASIC,ASSP and System-on-Chip (SoC) applications with stringent power,speed or area requirements.Embedded coolSRAM-6T is designed to deliver the best performance and power characteristics at any given instance size.
coolSRAM-6T is used in circuits which requires ultra fast speed.This can be complemented with coolSRAM-1T for high density blocks.
The coolSRAM-6T IP is based on the production proven,foundry-provided 6T SRAM cell and offers advanced leakage control features,near zero setup times and optional column and row redundancy.
Like all Mentor embedded coolMemory IP,coolSRAM-6T can be customized via the MemQuest memory compiler,a Web-based on-line tool suite that enables the SoC designer to specify and implement custom memories in a matter of minutes.
Features and Benefites
- Customer architected through the MemQuest memory compiler and characterization tool
- Based on foundry-provided 6T SRAM cell
- Reliable,silicon-proven architecture
- Single port architecture
- Reliable operation and performance well beyond normal Process / Voltage / Temperature variations
- Supports large instances
- Selectable power,speed,and area
- Selectable word width,depth and aspect ratio
- Optimized for high performance and low power designs Ideal for portable applications
- Up to 2x lower active power
- Up to 10x lower leakage current with LPM (leakage-power-management)
- Speed typically 20% faster than competitive solutions
- Density typically 15% higher than competitive solutions
- Suitable for low voltage operation
- Lower overall packaging and system cost
- Lower end-product cost due to higher achievable densities
- Silicon and production-validated provide manufacturability assurance